Friday 22 January 2010

The Magnificent Seven!

Last Saturday, I went to my first Chelsea game. Was it worth it? Given they won 7-2, then the answer should be yes, but the curmudgeon in me has to say the following:

  • Sunderland presented no opposition-Ashley Cole was allowed to operate as an auxiliary forward for crying out loud! So even though there were 9 goals, it wasn't really a great game (Still, my fear about going to a Premier League game was always that it would finish 0-0 or Chelsea would lose, so I really shouldn't moan).
  • Florent Malouda was the most skilful player on the pitch. His recent comments about Frank Lampard haven't endeared him to the Chelsea faithful (there were more than a few boos when his name was read out and when he was on the ball) and himself and Lampard certainly seemed to get in each others way more than I would like to see.
  • Joe Cole ain't the player he was. I'm not entirely surprised about these rumours.
  • I would have liked to see Anelka get his hat-trick (and he should have-the shot that rattled the woodwork would have been a fine goal)
  • I would have liked if I could have seen the video screens (if only for the fact that because it was my first time in the stadium I kept looking around me and missing the on-field action...)
  • Beer in the stadium? Great. Heineken only? Not so much.
  • And lastly, no Drogba, or Essien-how I would have loved to seen the Bison rampage!
But I'll be going back some day, that's for sure. Tis hard to beat live action.

P.S. You and now Follow Me! Yes, that's right, I'm now on Twitter. I'm sure it will be just as interesting as this blog...

P.P.S. If you like that Uncle Kracker song, please stop following this blog and don't ever talk to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment